- Enable or Disable Location Services Automatically on iPhone Using Auto Location [Cydia Tweak]
- Cool Websites to find out New Music Releases
- How to Scroll App on iPhone Using Accelerometer or Volume Buttons
- Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5085 Laptop with TruBrite TFT Display
- Acer Announced Iconia Tab A100 Tablet at MWC
We all know about Google instant which saves our much more time by providing quick instant results along with our typing. But will it provide even more quicker result than the following Firefox addons (listed bellow). Well, here we have some of Firefox addon which will help you on, to search things more quicker than the Google Instant. Lets have a look on those Addons which are listed bellow.
Fast Browser Search Results in the Address Bar
CyberSearch addons supercharges the “Awesome Bar” with instant search results that appear as you type. It supports Google along with all Google’s search services including Google blog search, Google news, etc. and Bing web search. Well, You may think – How is this more faster than Google Instant? and the answer is – You don’t need to even visit Google, You just need to use your browser URL bar to see the results right there.
The Cybersearch also provides users with a preview snapshot of a site. Not only that it also provides a detailed search descriptions, multiple pages retrial from Google results, and allow you to restrict search to a current site.
Search Results in the Preview Pop-up
Ubiquity is an awesome addon that allows to speed up your search with their plenty of various tasks which includes – Checking up Wikipedia, without visiting Wikipedia.org, translate page on the fly, embedding Google maps in Gmail etc. It supports almost all.
Well, you can teach the tool new commands in case it doesn’t know the search engine you are using, from here
How is this more faster than Google Instant? Answer is – The search is launched with one quick keyboard shortcut. Well, to search Google you will need to do the following:
- Install the extension and restart the browser;
- Use CTRL+space (Windows) / ALT+space (Linux) / Option+space (Mac) to see a command input box in the upper-left of your browser.
- Type G and the tool will “guess” what you want to search in Google, so that you can click “Enter” to open Google in a new tab OR you can keep typing and view search results preview, which will be displayed in the preview window, just as shown in the image bellow
Currently, the development of this add-on is on hold, although the community has been updating it to ensure it keeps working with newer versions of Firefox. As it has proven to be an incredibly popular search tool, the developers have stated they will return to expand on the concept at some future point in time. More information about Ubiquity is available in the Mozilla Labs Wiki
Search Results in the FireFox Search Bar
Peers is an add-on which upgrades search bar results by predict what people are trying to search with real time results what have currently typed in. Unlike the Google Instant, it works from within FireFox’s search box and supports Yahoo, Google, eBay, Amazon, Wikipedia search etc.