- Nokia Launched Astound Smartphone For T-Mobile USA
- Boost Mobile Introduces Samsung Transform Ultra – an Android Smartphone
- Install XBMC App on Apple TV 2G [How to Guide]
- Samsung might Avail Two Handsets of Mid-Range In India Soon
- Fix Different SIM Detected (Emergency Mode)Issue after iPhone Jailbreak
After TRAI (Telephone Regulatory Authority of India)’s announcement on blocking mobile phones without valid IMEI number, mobile phones users in India are getting scared, actually. Well, if you are using a mobile phone handset from some branded companies such as Nokia, LG, Samsung, Sony Ericsson etc, you need not to worry. But if you are using China handsets (Chinese mobiles) or any cheap mobile phones, then you should check if your mobile IMEI number is original and valid.
According to TRAI’s order to all mobile operators, no mobile phones without a valid IMEI number will receive network signal after 12PM, 1st December 2009. These handsets will receive no mobile network coverage and will stop working completely. If you want to know if your IMEI number is valid or not, you can follow below steps:
Check Mobile Phone IMEI Number Validity
- Press *#06# on your mobile handset and note down the 15 digit IMEI number
- Compose a new message from your mobile >> Type your IMEI number >> Send it to 53232
- If you get “Success” as the reply, then your mobile IMEI number is valid
- If you get “Invalid IMEI” as the reply, that means your IMEI number is not valid
- You are done.
If your mobile phone IMEI number is being recognized as invalid one, you can purchase a new IMEI number for your handset for Rs. 199 only.