- MobileMe App By Apple
- iPhone Camera is World’s Most Popular Camera [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Effective and Affordable GPS Tracking Systems, Devices and Softwares from LandAirSea
- Bring Page Styled Transitions to your iPhone Using PagePusher [Cydia Tweak]
- How to Downgrade iPhone 4 and iPad 2 from iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 Using TinyCFW
If you are a Windows 8 user then you might be well aware of the side bar menu and lock screen feature that are newly added to the operating system. These features were absent in the previous version of Windows OS like Windows 7, vista, etc. If you are a windows 7 user and desire to be having those above mentioned feature, then here is the tutorial how to get Windows 7 with Windows 8 Side Menu & Lock Screen Feature.
Even though you don’t have Windows 8 OS installed on your system, you can still have the Windows 8 Side Menu & Lock Screen Feature. The sidebar menu peeks out at the right-side of the metro UI in Windows 8 is a useful feature in moving, sharing, and connecting within a click. Follow the tutorial how you can customize Windows 7 with Windows 8 Side Menu & Lock Screen Feature.
An app named Win8Menu is used to imitate the new side menu to your Windows 7 OS. It is an embedded browser based on Internet Explorer and requires AERO to be enabled. Upon installing the utility program you can replace the Menu folder with your own start page along with this you can alter the logon picture by putting the Pics folder and then rename it to logon.jpg.
On running the app a new Start page including date and time appears on the screen. When you move the mouse to the right-side of your metro screen you are able to access the side menu.
How to use Win8Menu
- Download and run the application to get the new side bar & lock screen
- Left-click on the lower bottom of the lock screen and drag it upwards that is to the top. You get to see the all new Metro Start page with live tiles.
In addition to the features mentioned above the App also includes the Windows 8 tablet UI style application switcher. But, the apps switcher doesn’t work well as of now as this the Win8Menu is an alpha release and is compatible with both x86 and x64 versions of Windows 7.
You can now access the Windows 8 Side Menu & Lock Screen Feature on Windows 7 using Win8Men.