You can easily manage your files in different provided categories (Music, Videos, Documents, Pictures) by using libraries in Windows 7. Librarian is free program to extend standard functionality of Windows 7 Management libraries, and you can edit and delete the existing libraries. You can also create a new library with an option of associating library type and changing the default icon.
- Create a library of arbitrary set of folders.
- Change the default folder for saving files in the library.
- Change icon library to the selected user.
- Rename the library.
- Display system dialogue folders included in the library.
- Display library as an XML file.
- Control library in the navigation pane of an Explorer.
You can see all the existing libraries in the main interface, and you can create a new one by clicking the respective button in the toolbar, then give it an appropriate name.
Now you can see a New Library dialog, where you can add a source folder, change the default library icon, and choose the Library type. Click OK to create a new library.
If you want to to customize any new/exiting library, then right-click its icon in main interface to rename, edit, or delete the library. You can also view the location dialog to add/remove a set of locations and the XML content of the library in question.
Windows 7 Library tool is the one of the best tool to back up libraries, and add network locations. This tool only runs on Windows 7 and you can download it from here.