It has been a year since the launch of Windows 8, but there still some facts and features that are still unknown to many users out there. Today we will be discussing about how you can clear or delete Live Tile Notifications of Windows Store Apps upon turning off your Windows 8 system. Windows 8 Store apps can give periodic or real-time information in the form that can be viewed as notification updates on Windows 8 Start screen. Follow the tutorial below to clear Live tiles notifications in Windows 8.The metro start screen displays notification for live tiles or say keeps you updated every time you turn on your PC. Lock screen apps also show updates on the lock screen or the store apps that are pinned to Start can also update their tiles with text, images, or both.
The update or notification are sent from the app provider and is stored locally on your PC to keep you updated.
The tutorial will serve the purpose of how you can to enable or disable clear history of tile notifications upon turning off Windows 8.
To accomplish the process described below make sure that you are signed in as an administrator or have administrative privileges.
If the feature is enabled, Windows 8 would remove tile notifications once you sign off and you can see that the Start view shows only the default content when logged in. Along with this, it also deletes any cached versions of these notifications on signing off your Windows PC.
By default, Windows 8 has disabled this i.e. Windows 8 retains tile notifications once you sign in, the tiles appear as it was when the user signed off, along with the history of previous notifications for each tile.
Steps to Enable or Disable “Clear Live Tile Notifications on Exit” using Local Group Policy
- Open the user account where you want to apply the process and Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box
- Type in gpedit.msc and hit enter. This will open Local Group Policy Editor
- Next, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store
- In the right pane, double click on Turn off the Store application
- If you want to Disable “Clear Live Tile Notifications on Exit”
- Check or select the radio button beside Disabled or Not Configured, and hit OK. By default it is selected as Not Configured
- If you want to enable “Clear Live Tile Notifications on Exit”
- Check the radio button besides Enabled, and hit OK
- Finally, close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
You will receive tiles notification depending upon your set preference using the steps described above.
You can also unpin the app from Start screen or uninstall it Or you can turn off live tile for any app on Start so that you no longer receive tile notification updates.
Upon following the steps described above you can enable or disable Clear Live Tile Notifications on Exit in Windows 8.