- Amazon & AT&T Offers Motorola Atrix 2 @ $49.99
- Carphone Warehouse UK selling out the Sony Xperia Miro Smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy ALPHA from Goldgenie plated with 24-carat gold unveiled
- Sprint is offering Lenovo IdeaPad S205s WiMAX Notebook for $200
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Mondo Beta 1 (x86 and x64) Torrent
As discussed in the earlier posts regarding the new features of Windows 8, here is another feature that is brand new to Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10. As we all know IE 10 is the default browser in Windows 8, the new feature that we are talking about is the ‘Flip Ahead‘. This feature gives wonderful realization of fast forwarding webpage accessing service. Here is the tutorial how to enable or disable the Flip Ahead in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8.
Flip Ahead quite resembles to Opera web browser feature called Fast Forward that allows users to quickly turn over next web page of existing websites with natural forwarding swipe sign. On other hand, Flip Ahead presents a wonderful realization of fast forwarding webpage accessing service.
You can enable or disable ‘Flip Ahead‘features in Internet Explorer 10 using either of the three methods discussed below.
You can opt for any of the three methods discussed here to enable or disable ‘Flip Ahead’ features in Internet Explorer 10
- By applying Changes in IE 10 Settings
- Using Registry Editor Option
- Using Group Policy Editor
Apply Changes to Internet Explorer 10 Settings
- First, launch Internet Explorer 10 web browser from the Windows 8 start screen
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of the home page to open Setting option
- Next, click on Internet Options and drag the slider to enable or disable ‘Flip Ahead’ feature and you are done with the enabling or disabling process.
Using Windows Registry Editor
To Enable or Disable Flip Ahead Feature in IE 10 using Windows Registry Editor, follow the steps below.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box and type in regedit and hit enter. This will open the windows registry.
- In the registry window, navigate to Flip Ahead folder from left pane. Click on to Flip Ahead folder and followed by clicking on to Enabled option in Right Pane.
Using Group Policy Editor Option to enable or Disable Flip Ahead Feature in IE 10
- Launch Run dialogue by pressing Windows key+R and type in gpedit.msc. This will open Local Group Policy Editor Window
- In the Local Group Policy Editor Window, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Advanced Page
- In the right pane of the active window, you will be able to see Turn Off Flip Ahead Feature, simply double click on this policy editor of Window 8 and set enable or disable option according to your use.
- Finally, apply and close the Window.
Upon following the steps described above you can easily enable or Disable Flip Ahead Feature in IE 10 and experience a wonderful realization of fast forwarding webpage accessing service in Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10.