Do you often get the popup notification balloons in the system tray in your Windows 7 OS? The notifications are irritating. Although Microsoft has brought out many changes to handle balloon pop-up notifications in Windows 7 and Windows 8, but it is not removed completely. Here is the tutorial how to disable all notifications balloons in your Windows computer.
Many users get annoyed by the notification balloon in the system tray. If you want to get rid of the notification completely you need to disable the feature by following the steps described below.
Disable Notification Balloons in Windows
Disabling or turning off of notification balloons in Windows involves some modifications in the system registry. But, before performing the steps given below make sure that you have created a restore point in the system as the registry entries involves important function in the Windows computer. Any changes in registry can cause several issues in the computer.
Manually Change Windows Registry Editor
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R
- Type in regedit.exe and hit enter, this will open the Windows registry Editor window
- Next, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Now, right-click on the right-hand pane, and create a new 32-bit DWORD naming it as EnableBalloonTips assigned a value of 0
You can also modify some of the entries such as
- To disable the pop-ups assign the value to 0 and in order to enable them assign the value to 1
- Once completed updating the registry reboot the system to effect the changes. When you login back you can find that the popup balloons are no more present.
If you are not a geek in dealing with registry then you can download a pre-made Registry edit. You need to simply download, extract, and double-click on the DisableNotificationBalloons.reg file to enter the information into the registry. It also includes EnableNotificationBalloons file that will enable back the notification balloons.
Upon using the trick discussed above you can easily disable or turn-off the notification balloon in Windows OS.