- Half a Million Unofficial Apps Published till Q3 of 2011 in Android Market
- Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Achieved
- How to Set Google Voice Missed Call Notifications On your Phone
- Sony Ericsson reveals Xperia Active Unlocked Rugged Smartphone in UK
- Leaked Photo of iPhone 5S Logic Board
Social networking sites like Orkut or Facebook are getting thousands of new user registrations everyday. At the mean time there are also people who want to remove and delete their orkut or facebook account permanently. Several reasons are there to influence someone to get his or her account deleted from these sites. Few of them are spamming activities, lack of time etc. If you are willing to permanently delete your ID from these networks, you can follow the below steps. But remember that you can never restore your account later. Follow the below steps if you have decided not to comeback again.
Delete Orkut Account Permanently
- Log in to your Orkut account.
- Click on Settings. You can find this option in the left side navbar.
- You will land on General menu. Scroll to bottom.
- In the My Account section you can notice a Delete my orkut Account option.
- Click on that.
- It will take you to an confirmation page. Where you have to again click on Delete my account.
- You are done with deleting your orkut account.
But note that it might take up to 48 hours for the complete account removal from Orkut’s history. In the mean while you can still send and receive scarps. But in future you won’t be able to access your account.
How To Delete Facebook Account
Unlike Orkut, Facebook provides you two options. One is to temporarily deactivate your account and the other one is to permanently remove your account. Let’s discuss them one by one.
How To Temporarily Deactivate Your Facebook Account
- Log in to Facebook.
- Scroll to the bottom area of your facebook profile page and locate Account option.
- Navigate to Account >> Deactivate Account >> Deactivate
- Answer few questions from Facebook.
- Click on Deactivate my account on the bottom of the of the page.
- Enter the captcha and click Ok.
- You are done with deactivating your Facebook profile.
How To Delete Your Facebook Profile / Account : Keep this in mind that you can never rollback this action. Once deleted, the account is gone for ever. But if you have already made up your mind in deleting your facebook profile, follow the below step.
- Click on Delete My Facebook Account.
- This will ask you to confirm your deletion.
- Once confirmed, it will delete your facebook profile forever.
The above steps will guide you in deleting your Orkut / Facebook profiles. If you are facing any problems, use the below comments section to reach me. Also Read : How to remove all Facebook friends request at once?