- Lava ARC03N Mobile Phone Features Mobile Tracker
- Pioneer Computers Unboxed DreamBook ePad H10 Tablet
- Create Photo Journals of your life on iPhone Using Time Lapse Photo Journal Pro
- Install Android 4.0.3 ICS and HTC Sense 4.0 on your HTC Sensation
- Vodafone Zoozoo Ads : Downloads, Ringtones, Wallpapers, Videos, Smiley, Screensavers
Now you can enable POP3 access to your existing Hotmail account for free. This service was launched recently and Hotmail also announced about this on it’s blog. POP3 stands for Post Office Protocol Version 3. Enabling this feature will allow you to download and access all your emails on your PC or mobile from your Hotmail account. You can use various email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express on PC or default email software on mobile to activate and use this feature.
Enable POP3 Access On Your Computer
As I said earlier, you need email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook Express for this. You may want to use your default email client on your mobile device. Once you have either of above installed on your computer or mobile phone, you are ready to go.
Go to the settings option and fill out the below fields accordingly.
- POP Server : pop3.live.com (Port 995)
- POP SSL Required? : Yes
- User Name : Your Windows Live email address (Give full email address like MyEmailAddress@Live.com)
- password : Your Windows Live password
- SMTP Server : smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)
- Authentication Required : Yes (ID & password for POP3 access – You may set it to NO)
- TLS/SSL Required : Yes
That’s it and you are done now. Email service providers like Gmail and Yahoo! have been providing this feature since last couple of years. Hotmail was planing to start POP3 email service since last few time and finally it’s here.