Are the USB ports on your Windows 8 computer not functioning? Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a standardized port that is used for connecting a computer to any other external and peripheral devices like hard disk, mouse, keyboard, Scanners, pen drives, card readers, etc. These ports are used to communicate with the peripheral devices and transfer data to external devices. But, due to certain errors in computer the USB ports or the drivers fail to transfer your data. Here is the tutorial how to reinstall USB drivers in Windows 8.
USB devices are very useful to transfer data to anywhere in the world as they are standardized they can be connected to any computer. Most of the times the USB devices fails to respond because the drivers get outdated or corrupted or deleted accidentally. Here is the tutorial illustrating how to reinstall USB drivers in windows 8.
The drivers in the computer need to be updated with the latest versions to ensure proper functioning of the USB ports.
How to Reinstall USB drivers in windows 8
- Open Windows charms bar by holding down Windows key + C
- Go to search option and type in control panel and launch it
- Next, go to hardware and sound options
- Click on Device manager from the new window that appears. Upon prompted by UAC, click yes to continue with process
- In the device manager, select to expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Now select and right click on USB root hub and select Update Software Driver
The windows that appears will prompt you to search the Internet to get the drivers or browse the computer to found the drivers
Searching for drivers and then updating them will take some time and once the drivers updated you can see that your USB ports works very well. You can also get the updated version of drivers from the manufacturer’s website.