- Add Features and Tweaks to Internet Explorer with IE7pro 2.4.6 Addon
- MyWi 4.0 App for iPhone Updated Comes with Bluetooth Tethering Option
- Bell & Howell T100-BK Camcorder Features 3.1 mp Image Sensor
- World’s Thinnest 0.31-inch Samsung ATIV Tab 3 Shipping to US
- SlideAway Cydia Tweak will Bring New Lockscreen Customizations for iPhone
Recently many users have been complaining about Windows 8 apps are delayed or take much time to load or say do not start immediately upon launched using Windows 8 App Launcher. If you are a Windows 8 user, then you might have come across this kind of situation. Here in this tutorial you will get to know a trick about how you can open Windows 8 Apps quickly.
When trying to launch any Windows 8 Apps from Windows 8 App Launcher, it takes time to be loaded, but now you can decrease the Windows 8 Desktop Apps loading time by a simple registry tweak.
Before moving on to the process, make sure to create a system restore point or set a backup for the Windows registry.
Follow the steps given below to backup the registry
- Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog box and type in regedit and hit enter
- In the registry window, go to the file menu and click on Export
- There check for the Export range and make sure it is set to ALL
- Next, type in the file name and hit save.
The backup for registry files are done, now move to the steps to decrease the Windows 8 desktop Apps loading time.
Steps to make Windows 8 Apps load faster
- Open the registry window by following the steps described above
- Next, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
- Now, look for a key called Serialize, if you don’t find it then you need to create one
- To create, right click on Explorer key and select new > key and type in Serialize
- To the right pane, right click on an empty area and select New > DWORD (32-bit) and name it StartupDelayInMSec
- Once added, double click on StartupDelayInMSec and assign the value data as 0 and hit OK and close the registry.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply the changes.
On booting to your computer, try loading Windows 8 Apps and you will find that they are loaded within no time.
Alternate way to decrease the loading time for Windows 8 Apps is by creating a .reg file or registry file
- Open a Notepad and copy paste the entries below
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Next, go to file and save the file with a .reg extension or name it as “Decrease-boot-time.reg” to your desktop
- Now, simply double click on the newly created .reg file and upon prompted, click Yes to continue
- At last reboot your system to apply the changes or to effect the changes.
To get back to the earlier state, simply remove the StartupDelayInMSec under Serialize that was created above.
Using the tweaks discussed here, you can set a value to delay your windows to startup your desktop applications automatically. Setting the value to zero will automatically decrease the boot time of your Windows 8 PC.
Upon following the procedures discussed here, you decrease the loading time for your Windows 8 Apps or say you can launch your Apps within no time.