Are you looking for how you to rip or copy CDs in Windows 8? Here is the tutorial how you can rip CDs using your Windows 8 system. The process named as ripping is used by Windows 8 Media Player to copy CDs to your PC as MP3 files, the industry standard for digital music. But, it creates WMA format for the files if you don’t direct your player what you want whether a MP3 file or anything else. WMA format files are not supported or play on iPods or any other music players. Here is the tutorial how you can rip CDs to your computer properly in correct format.
Windows 8 allows you to rip CDs by default using its Media Player. But, the output format is limited; you can still rip CDs and save the digital content to your computer or on other devices. This feature can be used to create songs with Windows Media Player with the more versatile MP3 format instead of WMA.
By default Windows Media Player automatically saves all ripped content in WMA format. You can configure Windows Media Player to save the files from CD in other format as well.
Rip CDs to your Windows 8 into MP3 format
Follow the steps below to rip CDs in Windows 8
- Firstly, insert the CD you wanted to rip into your computer. After inserting the CD, press Windows Key + Q hot key and search for Windows Media Player
- Now, if you wish to save the CD content to MP3 file format, you need to configure Media Player to save it as MP3 file. As this is the industry standard for digital music, so saving your CD content as MP3 file will allow you to play the files on any device
- Next, click Organize > Options
- In the options window, select Rip Music tab and modify the output format settings
- You can also adjust the audio quality by dragging the slider here from 128 to 256 or even 320 for better sound
- Next, move to the CD contents and select all the tracks and click the Rip CD button in the toolbar.
Upon completion, open File Explorer and open the Music folder in your home folder or directory, there you can see the music content.
Upon following the steps described above you can rip CDs to your Windows 8 PC and enjoy your music in MP3 format. So, if you wish to rip CDs in Windows 8, follow the tutorial described above and enjoy MP3 format music on any device.