Gtalk is one of the widely used online messaging service. We connect with our friends and talk with them using Google talk. But you need to have it installed on your computer to use it from your desktop else you need to use Gmail for this. But did you know that you can start using Gtalk from your firefox browser it self? Yes, now you can use Gtalk client for firefox to use it in your firefox sidebar. Lets know how.
- Add the below link (just below this line) to your bookmarks. (Right click >> Bookmark This Link)
- Move to your Bookmarks tab in your browser and locate this bookmark. Click on it’s Properties and then check the option saying Load this bookmark in the sidebar.
- Now again move to Bookmarks tab on your browser and click on this bookmark.
- That’s it. You can see the Google Talk (Gtalk) in your Firefox sidebar.
- Sign in to your Gtalk account and start talking with your Google friends.
Check out the screenshot of Gtalk running in Firefox sidebar :
(Click on the image to enlarge)
There are several Firefox plugins available today to integrate Gtalk with Firefox. You can also use them to run Gtalk and Firefox simultaneously in Firefox browser only.
- Gtalk Sidebar : No need to download Gtalk. No need to use Gatlk from Gmail. Start using Gtalk from your Firefox browser itself by using this Firefox plugin.
- iGtalk : This is a very small plugin from the Mozilla house. Download and install it. After installation press Ctrl+G to start using Gtalk from your firefox browser.
Either use the above mentioned bookmarking procedure or firefox plugins to use Gtalk in Firefox sidebars. Also, do you know that you can find who is online, offline, invisible (online but appears offline) or blocked you on Gtalk? Then check if someone is offline, invisible or blocked you on Gtalk.