- iPad Camera Connection Kit Not Working After Jailbreaking iPad 2 with JailbreakMe 3.0
- Optimize HDD to Boost Windows 8 Performance
- Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5093 Notebook Features Dolby Advanced Audio
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 Now Available for Download
- Search for Large Files that are not in use for a Long Time
Microsoft’s new operating system Windows 8 has different features as compared to the earlier Windows OS. For instance the start screen of Windows 8 are represented in a tile format. The User interface is some what different and causes a lot of issues with the users. In order to make the proper computing you can customize the start screen. However, Windows 8 doesn’t allow you to create your own custom tile to launch programs or files, but now you can customize your start screen using a software tool. Follow the tutorial to customize Windows 8 start screen to launch programs.
Windows 8 operating system allows you pin folders, webpages, programs and drives in the form of tiles on the screen, but prohibits from launching programs or files from there. Now, this is possible you can now not only pin the programs, but also access or launch the programs by clicking on the customized tile and this possible with the software tool OblyTile.
OblyTile is a freeware utility program that allows you to create your favorite tile or program and open them by just tapping or with a simple click on the tile. You can also put up your favorite image as the background for the program tile.
The process of creating a tile with OblyTile on the new Start screen tile is extremely easy as it doesn’t require installation. Follow the steps to launch programs from your start screen with the customized tile.
- Download OblyTile and launch the program
- Enter a name for your created tile
- Next step is to enter the program file path or browse to the file that you want to associate with the tile
- Select a large (120 x 120) and small image (30 x 30) and finally click on Create Tile button.
Upon completion of the above steps you can now launch programs from customized tiles on Windows 8 start screen.
OblyTile is compatible with both x86 and x64 versions of Windows 8. The Current version of it creates a square tile. It is the only tool that can be used to create your own program tile until now and allows you to access it from the start screen to launch the programs. So if you want to create your desired program tile and access download the software tool.