- iPhone Alarm Not Working in 2011 [Warning]
- Redmine to Manage your Projects Online
- Turn off/Disable SmartScreen Filter in Windows 8 IE 10
- Blocking Users from sign-in, create & switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 8
- How to Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 Beta to iOS 5, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3 on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
Windows startup timings depend upon the number of programs activated at the time of startup. When the computer starts it uses RAM and CPU or startup applications use Ram and CPU during the startup. The startup programs are also responsible behind the slow performance of your system. If the number of program at the startup increases, the more is the time taken by the computer to boot up properly. Here is the tutorial how you can configure the startup application in your Windows 8 PC.
As discussed earlier about the changes made in Windows 8, many users find difficulty in looking for certain programs or Apps in the new OS. In order to configure Windows 8, you need to add or disable some of the startup programs or application. Follow the tutorial to configure the startup applications.
Manage or Configure Startup Programs
To configure the startup programs you need to open the system configuration window.
- Bring up the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key +R
- Type in msconfig and hit enter
- Now you will see a system configuration window from there select the startup tab and uncheck the unnecessary startup programs that is select the programs that you don’t need at the time of startup
- To approve the action hit on OK at the bottom of the window.
- Restart your system to effect the change.
Use Windows Registry to Configure Startup Applications
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows key+ R
- Type regedit, and hit OK
- Approve when prompted by UAC
- In the registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run AND HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
- Go to the right pane of Run or RunOnce and right click or hold on a listed startup item that you wanted to delete or remove, and click on Delete
- Click on Yes to confirm deletion
- Once done with the editing of Registry entries close regedit.
There is an alternate way to configure the startup application.
Firstly enable the hidden items under Windows Explorer, navigate to the hidden system folder below.
Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Programs\Startup and paste the application or batch file. On startup this particular batch file App will start up.
Upon following the steps described above you can add or disable any programs from the startup. It is better to keep minimal applications during the startup that will help your system to boot up faster.