Income Tax Department of India has launched the ePayment service where Indian citizens can pay their income taxes online. Income tax ePayment service has been launched to save your time while paying the taxes as it eliminates the unnecessary rush to the nearest Income Tax office or hiring a charted accountant (CA). Using the online tax payment service, you can pay all direct taxes such as Income Tax, Corporate tax, FBT, BCTT (TDS, Advance tax, self assessment tax) using your bank’s net banking facility.
How to Pay Income Tax Online (ePayment)
- Go to Income Tax Department website at www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- From the left sidebar, you can find a number of income tax online services. Click on “Pay Taxes Online” button
- Choose the challan for the tax you want to pay such as ITNS 281 for TDS, ITNS 280 for Income Tax etc
- Fill up the challan entirely and select a bank at the bottom of the online form to make the payment
- Click “Proceed” button to continue
- You will be taken to your bank’s internet banking payment gateway
- Provide your internet banking user ID and password and authorize the payment
- Once your payment gets authorized successfully, you will receive a confirmed receipt
- The receipt contains a challan identification number (CIN), save or print the challan for future usages
- You are done.
You need to mention the challan identification number (CIN) in your Income Tax Return. List of supported banks for Income Tax ePayment service can be found here. If you are not sure of the amount of tax you need to pay, you can check that using Income tax calculator online.