- Rearrange the Status Bar Icons of your iPhone Using ArrangeStatusBar [Cydia Tweak]
- Lenovo IdeaPad S205 Notebook’s Price Cut
- Resume Windows 8 Normally by Bypassing Password after Sleep mode
- Samsung Galaxy Star Trios with Three SIM slot launched in Brazil
- Verizon Plushed Android 2.2 Froyo into Motorola Droid phones next week
Facebook has allowed search engines to index it’s user profile pages which means that your Facebook profile will get indexed by various search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask etc and when someone performs a search using a name similar to you, your Facebook profile will pop up in the search result. This is strongly recommended to protect your privacy online by removing or hiding your profile from search engines so that they can’t be accessed anywhere else other than Facebook.
Facebook allows users to select their privacy settings, using which you can disallow the search engines from indexing of your profile page. Follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Navigate to Account >> Privacy Settings
- Click on Search
- Uncheck Public Search Results options >> Click Confirm
- You are done.
Now you have just protected your privacy by removing your Facebook profile from Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask and other search engines.