Malwarebytes are Anti-malware software that protects your system from any malicious infections. But sometimes, malware activities can block antivirus software from getting installed or if installed then it forbids them from being run as they are very resistant and are able to paralyze the Anti-malware tools. So, if your computer is infected seriously and doesn’t allow you to run any anti-virus program, then here is the tutorial how you can run Malwarebytes on your infected PC.
Malwarebytes presents Chameleon, which helps to install, start, or update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, if it has been blocked by an infection. This software program is so developed that it is able to fight back the malware that blocks or paralyses Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from doing its job and kills any malicious activities found in the system.
All the latest versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware contain Chameleon built-into the program. But if for any reason, you are unable to install or run Anti- Malware due to certain compatibility issues or any other, in that case Chameleon can be downloaded as a stand-alone product and later you can install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run on your system.
How to use Chameleon on its own
- First visit Malwarebytes.org and from the ‘For Home’ Menu and choose ‘Other Tools’ option
- Next, select the option for Chameleon and download the ZIP file
- Then, unzip the downloaded file contents and you will get to see a window as shown in the screen shot below
- Next, click on the Chameleon file to open it and then follow all screen messages that will help you get started
- Now, click the first button and see if it runs. If it doesn’t then click down other options until you get to the one that works properly
- When the Chameleon successfully starts up, you can see an MS-DOS window. Now you will be prompted to press any key to continue. Hit any key and you can see that the Chameleon starts downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for you.
- Once the download is completed, it will update the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware definitions
- Now, when the Anti-Malware is up-to-date, it starts removing all malicious processes or activities that prevent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from running on the system.
- Next, you are directed to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface and prompted for Quick Scan and remove the malware from your system.
With Chameleon, you can now run Malwarebytes on any infected computer and secure your data along with your PC.