It’s one of the common problems that quick launch icons disappear once system gets restarted. Even if you have manually selected to show quick launch icons every time, it stays as long as your system is running and once system gets turned off or restarted, quick launch icons don’t appear again and you have make them appear manually all over again. This happens because of some registry entry conflicts in the system and we can fix this by making some small change to registry values.
System saves all user settings before shutting down which includes desktop settings, program settings, shortcut settings, taskbar settings etc. All these settings are saved by the system in system registry areas and if system registry does not save the changes during system shut0down, system behaves like it was doing previously.
To fix this issue, follow the below mentioned steps :
- Go to Start >> select Run >> type Regedit >> hit Enter
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- On the right hand side pane, select NoSaveSettings and change the value to 0
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Change NoSaveSettings value to 0 from right hand side pane
- Save the changes you have made
- You are done.
Now your system should save the user settings before shutting down and quick launch icons will appear even after system restarts.