The best way to define cloud computing is dynamically scalable shared resources accessed over a network. . There has been a lot of change in the cloud computing arena since last year’s list. The raft of new technologies delivered over the past year or two has enticed many larger IT shops to launch their first private, hybrid and public clouds and served to make or break the fortunes of small and large cloud competitors alike.
Here we have compiled a list of top 11 cloud computing services that will add more value to your online establishments.
It occupies first place in the list because of its services. It is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is mainly designed for making web-scale computing easier for developers.
- The interface of Amazon allows you to configure capacity with minimal friction.
- It also provides you with complete control of computing services.
- The great advantage is it reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes such that you can quickly scale capacity both by up and down.
- It provides developers to isolate themselves from common failure scenarios.
The main functionality of the Verizon is it delivers on-demand functionality. It helps you to accelerate IT innovation. You can also control costs for your business also.
- Vexpress is flexible
- Storage is persistent.
- Provides fully integrated network
- Security and load balancing
- You can create your own system on blank servers with over 450 compatible os
- Performs very high
It is better to be called as smart cloud for its services towards cloud computing. The various services provided by the IBM are:-
- Architecture for private and hybrid cloud (IBM Smart cloud Foundation)
- Cloud computing as service for IT (IBM Smart cloud services)
- Software as a service business solutions (IBM Smart cloud Solutions)
It has established a global network of eight data centers to supply infrastructure as a service and offering smart cloud enterprise for running the production of workloads.
It also includes SAP applications. The customers of IBM will find a system Z mainframe and system P servers running AIX in IBM cloud.
It is the India’s world class cloud computing technology organization that makes your business to build faster and secure and with great reliability. It has announced the acquisition of services towards the cloud computing start-up Model Metrics.
The main purpose of model metrics is to help companies adopt mobile and call center technologies, social enterprise solutions and more. It is an enterprise cloud computing company that provides business Software. The Company also helps businesses to create custom mobile solutions for iPad and Android.
There is no doubt; CSC provides a full life cycle of cloud offerings as a part of its portfolio of extensive professional and outsourced services.
- Business First Approach – Accelerates and cloud enables your apps.
- Cloud security – It provides security in cloud processes tools and solutions
- Service-Driven Business model – Recognized by service delivery excellence, availability backed towards SLAs.
It also provides “on-demand” capabilities to help enterprises transform and migrate traditional application environment to work in cloud-based environment.
The specialty of rack space is it can quickly scale to thousands of servers to make resources available.
The customers had the advantage of choosing private, public or hybrid clouds. They also had the freedom to implement their solutions in data centers. it gives application developers and IT departments the ability to build apps in cloud, test and deploy without vendor lock-in.
It offers following hosting products -
- Cloud servers for on-demand computing power.
- Cloud sites for robust web hosting cloud load balances for easy, on-demand load balancing.
- Cloud files for elastic online file storage.
Google cloud SQL is a web service that allows creating, configuring to use relational databases that live in Google’s cloud. It allows you to focus on your applications and services.
You can share, backup edit MSword, PowerPoint, Excel document with other workers.
Other features include -
- Stays connected throughout the world
- Works better
- Go green
- Invisible IT that just works
- Easy to use
- Fully managed
- Highly available
- Integrated with Google App Engine and other Google services
It understands what public cloud hosting is really about, and helps you begin to take steps forward from today’s datacenter towards a logical, public or hybrid cloud business model.
- Right-size your workload
- Blue lock virtual datacenters
- Blue lock portfolio
- Do your homework
It is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of its datacenters.
It approaches cloud computing as a way to help customers take a forward step for better business agility, economics, and other experiences. It also presents an excellent opportunity to redefine the role of IT plays in implementing a business strategy.
- Always up, Always on
- Unlimited servers
- Unlimited storage
- Powerful capabilities
- Max agility and scalability
As everyone knows that smart machines run applications very well, they come with a very powerful characteristics which collectively set them apart. It provides cloud infrastructure for Real time Web and Mobile applications. Cloud that performs better than other dedicated servers. It innovates, deploys and manages applications on the only infrastructure natively designed for the cloud.
- Reliability and resiliency
- Performance and scale
Savvis Inc. in a deal valued at just under $2.7 billion last year. At least on paper, the merging of Century Link’s hosting, networking and other infrastructure assets, combined with Savvis’ collection of cloud products, and managed hosting cloud services, figures to make the company a formidable competitor going forward.
The two companies now have a network of 48 international data centers with nearly 2 million square feet of floor space. Savvis will appreciate is Century Link’s deep pocket: Century Link completed its acquisition of competition last year, a deal worth $10.6 billion.
Do you think we have missed out featuring one of the top cloud computing service providers here, or you have your own set of favorites? Do let us know yir views using the comments sections below.
This is a guest post by Saikrishna Tipparapu. Sai Krishna is a student of Computer Science & Engineering and he is also a part-time blogger who blogs at TSKSOFT.