Most of us use internet connections with limited downloading or uploading plans. So, those people can’t go for downloading files from torrent sites all the time. However, since most internet service providers provide free downloading in night hours, you can set your torrent client to start seeding or downloading files at a specific time. uTorrent is one of the widely used torrent clients and we can configure it for scheduled downloading or uploading. Let’s know how to do this.
uTorrent Scheduled Uploading or Downloading
- Run uTorrent
- Navigate to Options >> Preference >> Scheduler
- Tick the box next to Enable Scheduling
- You will see some sets of green boxes where each row corresponds to each day of week and each column to hours of day
- You can click on those boxes to make them either green, white, pink or light green.
- Green, white, pink and light green colours mean full speed, turn off, seeding only and limited respectively.
- You have to change the colour of each box (day and hour wise) to resume transfers at a pre-scheduled time.
- You are done.
In this way you can either stop downloading at a specific time or start downloading and seeding at a pre-scheduled time. I know that this tutorial is a bit confusing, but you will find it easy while doing manually.