We are well aware that Microsoft has chose October for the launch of Windows 8.1. Unlike Windows 8 it accompanies with the start menu that was missing in its predecessors. Charms bar that was first introduced in Windows 8 also comes with Windows 8.1. The charms bar allows users to access charms like Search, Share, Start, Devices and Settings. However, there are users who might not like the charms bar feature, so here is how you can disable the charms bar in Windows 8.1.
Windows 8 was developed for smartphones as well PC OS. Charms bar appears when you move your cursor across the right screen or swipe your fingers inwards from the right side of the display or use Windows + C to open the charms bar on PC. Though charms bar is useful but not all users favor it. So, here is how you can disable or re-enable the Charms bar in Windows 8.1.
So, follow the steps described below to disable Charms bar in Windows 8.1.
How to Enable or Disable Charms Bar in Windows 8.1
- Press Windows + I to open PC settings or Windows + C to open charms bar and then hit the gear icon or settings icon and go to PC settings at the bottom to open PC settings in Windows 8.1
- When PC settings flyout appears, go to PC & devices
- Next, navigate to Corners & Edges tab
- In the right pane of Corners & Edges tab, go to Corner Navigation, beneath the link you can see the options for Charms Bar i.e. When I point to the Upper right corner, show Search, Share, Start, Devices and Settings
- If the charms bar is enabled then the slider must be on right (ON). So, to disable charms bar simply drag the slider towards left (OFF) side.
So, this was how you can enable or disable Charms bar on Windows 8.1. To enable charms bar again on Windows 8.1 simply follow the steps but drag the slider towards right.
Upon following the simple steps you can turn ON or OFF the Charms bar appearance on Windows 8.1 OS. Hope the tutorial here helps you disable or enable charms bar in Windows 8.1.
If you have any problems in disabling charms bar then write to us by commenting in the comment section below.